The Galleria d'Arte Moderna di Roma Capitale was officially was officially founded in 1925. Called the 'Galleria Mussolini' from 1931, despite the value and the number of acquisitions, it was temporarily suppressed in 1938 and the works were either the Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna or used as office furniture.
And yet the importance of the collection continued to be great, determined by the value of numerous purchases and donations. numerous purchases and donations: the works purchased for the Galleria Comunale in the editions of the editions of the Quadriennali between 1931 and 1943 were three hundred and forty-eight, a patrimony which the most significant names in Italian art of the first half of the twentieth century, such as Carrà, de Chirico and the of the twentieth century such as Carrà, de Chirico, Carena, Casorati, Capogrossi, Scipione, Cavalli, Afro, Severini, Trombadori, Morandi and many others were added.
In 1949, thanks to Carlo Pietrangeli, the Gallery was reopened. Dismantled in 1972, due to work on the building, in 1989 the collection was once again In 1989, the collection was given a new lease of life in the former Peroni Brewery. In the meantime, with a selection of masterpieces from the collection, in 1995 the Via Crispi In 1995, the museum was inaugurated in Via Crispi, in the former convent of the Carmelitane Scalze in S. Giuseppe Capo le Case. Giuseppe Capo le Case, which still houses the Museum today.
Web site: http://www.galleriaartemodernaroma.it/
Physical Address: Via Francesco Crispi 24